Idiopathic Hypersomnia Awareness Week Ambassadors
The international Idiopathic Hypersomnia Awareness Week® (IHAW) is an annual initiative hosted by Hypersomnolence Australia. It is held every year in the first full week of September to promote and raise awareness of the sleep/wake disorder Idiopathic Hypersomnia.
We have seen the IHAW steadily grow since it began in 2013. Its
success shows us that the IHAW is a very important and much needed event for the Idiopathic Hypersomnia community. In 2016 the IHAW official logo was launched as well as its own social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). We also introduced our first group
of IHAW Ambassadors.
Are you interested in becoming an IHAW Ambassador?
We believe the role of an Idiopathic Hypersomnia Awareness Week® Ambassador is vital to our ongoing success. IHAW is an international event so we are looking for representatives from all over the global eg: US, Canada, UK, Europe and Australasia. The Ambassador role is individual to each person however the aim is the same – promote Idiopathic Hypersomnia Awareness Week® within the Idiopathic Hypersomnia patient community and/or the general public.
These are just some ideas:
- Promote the IHAW social media (encourage others to like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Change your profile pic and cover photo to one of the IHAW images during Awareness Week or use the IHAW Twibbon and encourage others to do the same.
- Share IHAW posts and pics on your social media with your family, friends and in your IH patient communities.
- Send out a group email to all your contacts including the IHAW media release or other information.
- Volunteer your time and talent to help organising the IHAW (planning for the awareness week starts around March/April).
- Organise an event or activity.
- Work with project coordinators in your area on relevant projects.
- Hold a gold coin donation morning tea event at your place of work to raise awareness and funds to keep IHAW going.
Share your ideas with us! We are open to ideas and suggestions so if you have one we want to hear it! Ambassadors do not have to be patients however if they are they need to be brave. We need people that are brave enough to share the IHAW posts and pics on their social media and with their connections. We would like to give as many people as possible an opportunity to take on the role as Ambassador so your commitment will only be expected for one year.
Raising awareness of Idiopathic Hypersomnia takes a village. Your role as an IHAW Ambassador will encourage others to join in. The louder our voice the better chance we have of being heard. If you think you have what it takes to be an IHAW Ambassador please complete this online form.